I’m a freelance journalist in the Bay Area. I also offer copywriting services (web copy, content writing, email newsletters, ghost blogging, print copy). Sometimes I tweet. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you want occasional updates on what I’ve been writing and my current enthusiasms, subscribe to my newsletter.
- “Will You Eat CRISPR Produce?” (Neo.Life) Gene editing will make plants hardier and healthier. Hopefully people won’t freak out.
- “Milk Chocolate Is Finally Getting the Respect It Deserves” (Food & Wine) As the world of craft chocolate has grown, high-end chocolatiers are turning their attention to the complexities of milk chocolate.
- “Why the Jelly Belly Factory Has a Shrine to Ronald Reagan” (Atlas Obscura) The story behind the candy company’s love affair with the Gipper–and a wild Willie Brown anecdote.
- “Machine Learning Illuminates the Body’s Dark Matter” (Neo.Life) A startup finds patterns that experts in personalized medicine say they couldn’t see before.
- “Frying Fish Under the Freeway” (Oakland Magazine) After losing his restaurant in a fire, Chef Pat started cooking for a new clientele: Oakland’s homeless population.